Complete your free mycompensation enquiry form


Please provide all information regarding your incident and injuries.







*Denotes required field

Road and Motor Accidents Compensation

Each year thousands of road accidents occur throughout Australia. Most of us in our lives will probably have the misfortune of experiencing at least one road traffic accident.

Road accidents can cause serious personal injuries and trauma to the victims involved. If you have been involved in a road accident (either as the driver or passenger) and have suffered an injury, it is worth finding out if you can claim compensation for that injury as a result of the accident.

There are many different accidents which can occur on the road. Some of these include:

  •      • Car accidents
  •      • Passengers in motor accidents
  •      • Cyclist accidents
  •      • Motorcycle accidents
  •      • Pedestrians being hit by a motor vehicle 
  •      • Truck accidents
  •      • Public transport accidents

If you have suffered an injury, whether it is temporary or permanent, then you are entitled to make a claim for compensation to recuperate any loss of income, medical expenses, rehabilitation costs and future economic losses.

To see whether you can claim compensation, complete our Free Online Compensation Enquiry Form – and find the compensation you deserve!

The types of accidents and unfortunate incidents that occur the most on our roads or whilst driving a motor vehicle are outlined as follows: 

Car Accidents

The majority of car accidents that occur on our roads is largely due to speeding, disobeying road rules, inexperience or negligent driving. By law, all car drivers must have compulsory third party (CTP) insurance. This means that their CTP insurers will cover the driver in an accident causing injury to any other party. This cover also extends to any passengers, whether related to the driver or not. If you are unfortunate enough to be involved in an accident with an uninsured driver, or with an unidentified driver who doesn't stop after the accident, then your claim is likely to be covered by an insurance organisation set up by the Government specifically to cover such incidents.

Car accidents can cause a wide variety of injuries. Usually the severity of the injury will depend upon the impact and type of collision involved. Aside from the driver of a motor vehicle being injured, passengers travelling in the vehicle can suffer the same or in some cases more severe injuries than the driver. Ultimately it is the driver’s responsibility to drive safely and to avoid having any accidents whilst there are passengers in the car. It does not matter whether the driver is your friend or family relative, you can still make a compensation claim as the driver will be covered by their insurance policy. 

So if you have been injured in a road accident or car crash, then you are entitled to make a compensation claim for your injuries. It is important to remember that after the accident has occurred, you need to put forward your claim as soon as possible as time limits do apply for the making of a claim. To see whether you can claim compensation for your injuries as a result of a motor accident, then please complete our Free Online Compensation Enquiry Form.


Motyorcycle Accidents

The majority of motorcycle accidents involve collisions with another motor vehicle such as a car or a truck. However, motorcycles and motorbikes are also more vulnerable to skidding on spillages on the road surface such as mud, oil or other hazardous material. In road accidents like these, a compensation claim can usually be made either against the person or organisation responsible for the spillage, or against the local authority or road traffic authority whose responsibility it is to maintain the roads.

Motorcyclists are particularly at risk from injuries if they are involved in an accident or collision with another vehicle as they are more exposed and have less protection than other motorists. A lack of seatbelts or other protection has contributed to the higher level of injuries and fatalities amongst motorcyclists than any other group of road users. If you are a motorcyclist who has suffered from an injury as the result of a motor accident, then you are entitled to put forward a claim for compensation .To see whether you can claim compensation, please complete our Free Online Compensation Enquiry Form.


Pedestrians in Motor Accidents

Accidents on the road can cause serious injuries and as a pedestrian, you are more likely to receive serious personal injuries than the motorist that collided with you as you have far less protection. There are many different ways in which you could be injured as a pedestrian.

Modern cars are designed primarily to protect the driver and passengers, although in recent years the addition of various safety devices to the outside of cars has helped to reduce injuries caused to pedestrians who are hit by cars. Drivers should always give way to pedestrians when they are crossing the road, as well as being aware, particularly in both city and suburban areas, that people may try to cross the street without warning.

If you have been involved in a road/car accident as a pedestrian then you are entitled to pursue a claim for compensation for personal injuries against the insurance company of the driver whose vehicle hit you. Even in the case of 'hit and run' drivers who leave the scene or uninsured motorists, you can still pursue a compensation claim through a government scheme set up to compensate the victims of uninsured and unidentified motorists. To see whether you can claim compensation, please complete our Free Online Compensation Enquiry Form.


Cyclist Accidents

Just like motorists, cyclists must obey all the road rules. This includes obeying stop signs and traffic lights, riding on the left side of the road and giving way to pedestrians on crossings. Cyclists have the same rights and responsibilities as any other road user.

However, cyclists are not as protected as motorists and therefore when a cyclist does become involved in an accident, it is more likely the cyclist will suffer severe injuries, Therefore, it always critical for motorists to always be alert and watchful for cyclists while on the road.

If you are a cyclist who has been injured in a road accident, then you are entitled like all other motorists and road users to put forward a compensation claim for the injuries you have received. To see whether you can claim compensation, please complete our Free Online Compensation Enquiry Form.


By completing our Free Online Compensation Enquiry Form, we will handle your motor accident claim completely free of charge. We have access to specialist compensation lawyers who will help you achieve maximum compensation for any injury or loss you may have suffered as a result of the accident you were involved in.

You are here... » Road and Motor Accidents Compensation

Previous page: About us

Next page: Workers Compensation